Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults
Who is it for
Course Content and Mode Assessment
Unit 1: Teaching skills, assessed through:
- Tutors' evaluation of six hours of teaching with real learners
- A journal including trainees' own lesson plans, with self- and tutor-evaluation
- A journal covering trainees' reflective comments following observation of four hours of ESOL teaching by experienced teachers
Unit 2: Language awareness including grammar and phonology, assessed through:
- A test or practical project
- Ongoing use of spoken and written English
Unit 3: Learner profile, assessed through:
- The preparation of a simple linguistic profile and needs analysis, including some basic phonemic transcription, of a single learner
- The planning of, and reflection on, a one-to-one lesson
- The preparation of recommendations for the learner's future language development
Unit 4: Materials assignment, assessed through:
- Written rationale for the development of one piece of teaching material
- Written evaluation of use of this in classroom teaching
- Interview with a Trinity moderator to discuss the above and the ways in which materials development is beneficial to the development of teaching skills
Unit 5: Unknown language, assessed through:
A journal covering trainees' reflective comments on four hours' tuition in an unknown language from the point of view of the beginner, including an analysis of the key aspects of methods and classroom management that affect the learner positively and negatively.
*Selected modified units that suits trainees' needs and role will covered based on the Overall Progression Report of Phase One.
- A journal covering trainees' reflective comments on four hours' tuition in an unknown language from the point of view of the beginner, including an analysis of the key aspects of methods and classroom management that affect the learner positively and negatively.
- Course results.
- Overall end-of-course report.
- International CertTESOL certificate of completion to each trainee.
- Internationally recognized EL Qulification.
- Ability to top up to prestigious Dip-TESOL.
- Greenwich - London.
- London Central.